Caring Little Friends of St. Francis Preschool
- General Purpose - We are a Catholic based preschool with a desire for your child to enjoy his or her days at Little Friends of St. Francis KDO while learning that the world is an exciting and interesting place.
- Targeted Members - children 18 months (by September 1) through Pre-K
- Time Commitment - classes vary from 1 to 5 days a week from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., loosely following the FISD school year
- Spiritual Aspect - Every Month a different Commandment is introduced to the children. We also have a weekly Faith Formation program for the 3’s, 4’s, & 5’s to learn during Chapel time. The younger kids are exposed to some basic Catholic teachings to begin to build their foundation.
- Social Aspect - We strive to provide an environment to cultivate needed socialization skills, and offer several family events throughout the year.
Catholic Homeschoolers in Frisco
- General Purpose - The mission of this group is to provide additional lessons and support in teaching about the richness of our Catholic faith for Catholic homeschoolers in Frisco and the surrounding areas.
- Targeted Members - homeschooling Catholics and other families discerning this vocational chapter of homeschooling for their lives
- Time Commitment - monthly meetings and annual fundraiser. Each family takes turns providing for enriching, monthly lessons at St. Francis, choosing park days and venues, possible family potlucks, and organizing field trips. (No dues are required, however we do personally cover our own costs for events.)
- Spiritual Aspect - each month a family or two will instruct kids (ages 0-18) on saints, virtues and traditions of the Roman Catholic Faith
- Social Aspect - field trips, park days and potluck meals unite our homeschool community
- Key Events/Activities - socialization opportunities, Moms Night Out, religious day parties
Website: Salve Regina
- General Purpose - Salve Regina seeks to support and empower parents and other home educators so that they feel equipped to educate their children. Salve Regina is committed to forming the spirit and the mind with the primary goal of sharing eternity with our Father in Heaven.
- Targeted Members - Catholic homeschooling families
- Time Commitment - weekly meetings from the end of August through the end of May, as well as a summer fundraiser
- Spiritual Aspect - Salve Regina families attend daily Mass on Mondays, children serve at daily Mass as lectors and altar servers. Morning prayers are conducted at the beginning of our meetings. Children study Catholic doctrine/church history according to their grade level.
- Social Aspect - All Saints Day celebration, Christmas celebration, St. Patrick's Day celebration
- Key Events/Activities - support for homeschooling parents, encouragement to Catholic homeschool families, summer fundraiser (2014 was a Patrick Madrid speaking engagement, which brought a noted Catholic speaker to our parish)